Monday, July 12, 2010

Bedtime Desserts

   My sweet tooth comes naturally.  Nearly everything on the menu is a family recipe.  My family is from Iowa, my great grandparents were farmers, so its no surprised that my favorite desserts are rustic, homemade and full of butter.  Yum.
   They say whenever more than two or three people began to gather around Great Grandma Dietz’s kitchen table, she would start putting food on it – pies, bread, cakes, you name it.  My grandpa, having grown up with this and continued by my grandma’s good cookin’, developed quite the sweet tooth.
  Bedtime Dessert became a tradition.  Whether it was ice cream, or pie (with ice cream) or cookies (probably with ice cream), you always got something sweet before bed when you stayed with grandma and grandpa.  It made for very sweet dreams and even sweeter memories.
                  Thank you, Grandpa, for my sweet tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment